- General Description:
The seeds of melon fruit are usually black, brown or white with a white pulp.
- Maturation and harvest:
- Food value:
-Rich in manganesium,100 grams of melon pulp contains about 139% of man’s daily needs of magnesium.
– Each 100 grams of watermelon contain about 600 calories, most of which come from fats and other proteins and carbohydrates
-Full of some important amino acids such as: Lysine, -Tryptophan
– Free of cholesterol.
-Oil content 50-51%
-contains vitamin B complex compounds
- Its Medical importance:
– Contains amino acids necessary for some vital processes of the body such as:
– Plays a role in increasing serotonin levels in the body and increases mood. (Tryptophan).
– Maintains the youth of the skin (Lysine which is important for absorption of calcium and collagen formation).
-Helps in heart functions(magnesium).
– Also rich in elements such as phosphorus,zinc,iron and copper
– Essential for the health of nervous system,digestive and skin health as well (vitamin B).
-It uses as a light snack for cooking after it has been roasted.
– Used in the kitchen in general as it is added to the authorities of various kinds.
– Enter recipes for the treatment of aesthetic and health problems.